EthernetI/P_CIP_Driver - for Controllogix

manojvivek

Hi,

We have developed a CIP(Ethernet I/P)driver using which my program in a PC can communicate to ControlLogix PLC through 1756ENET card. Can I use the same driver to communicate from PC to PLC5 through 1785 ENET? Also can I use the same driver to communicate to SLC500 or Mocrologix through 1761-NET-ENI? Or is it required to develop separate drivers for each of this case? Any information, pointers etc. in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Manoj

Legacy PLC's use PCCC encapsulation which is specified in the
Ethernet/IP specs chapter 2. You need to implement PCCC encapsulation
including some of the legacy undocumented encapsulation commands
and Item ID's. You could also use the simple CSP header scheme
which is totaly undocumented.
Would like to know the details of your CIP driver.