RS 485 port burn out on CPU

ericsul

hello,
Anybody knows how to protect port RS 485 on CPU 001 Versamax GEfanuc from electric noise or other RF etc...
The wiring was done as state of the art shielded cable, optical protected converter RS 485-232 from MOXA AS 53 with individual power supply, What do more to prevent this event to happen again?
Thanks for your advices
ERIC

Hello Mats,
Thanks for your reply, what I 'm need to check more than I already did. The power supply is protected and earthed and all the analogue inputs are with cable shielded connected on one side to the ground ???? Which kind of checking you proposed ?
Best regards
ERIC

Similar Topics

I'm trying to use a Red Lion Cub counter (Cub5B00) as a counter and give the cub's counts to a Graphite G12 PLC/HMI to display. After about an...
Replies
Views
I am using a M221 PLC (TM221CE24R) which provides me 1 Rs485 port, which I am already using to communicate with a sensor (Rs485/Modbus). My...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 1747-L30A Allen Bradley PLC. It has only one DH-485 port. Whenever I have to connect a laptop to the PLC for troubleshooting, I have to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can a single DB-9 or mini-DIN8 port be used to interface with RS-232 or RS-485 serial connections? Thanks, EE
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a question about connecting to an S500 PLC. I have been tasked with going to site and taking a backup of a program from an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom