Mitsubishi ethernet A & Q

weekev

Anyone out there used ethernet as an IO passing network
between a Q series (as the master) and several A series PLCs.
I've read the threads on CC link Mel/10 etc.
On the ethernet subject all info. I've found so far refers
to use as the path for PLC to PC , SCADA etc.
I want to pass data from PLC to PLC
thanks in advance
weekev

Weekev
I have used Ethernet to pass data between several A Series PLC's where I had no alternative. It does, however, require some fairly heavy code. You need to look up "Fixed Buffer Data Exchange" in the Ethernet card manual. Please note that each connection between two PLC's uses two ports and you only have 8 ports available so these must be opened and closed on the fly. My advice would be to use Melsecnet unless you have absolutely no alternative.
Andybr

weeKev.
Re your PM concerning this post. I cannot comment on MelsecH or CC Link as I do not have any experience with these. Ethernet is nothing at all like Melsecnet/Melsecnet B. You will have to write code to pass data between PLC's. The code is fairly heavy going and you will definitely need the Ethernet module manual. I have attached an example for the most basic communications between two A series PLC's. I hope that this is useful.
Andybr