AB 9/240 series PAL change

ScottC

Hi all,

I know this is a PLC forum, but I thouht maybe somebody has the experience / answer with this unit.

I am tasked with having to change the PAL in one of these. Basically, I have to add a branch with --||-- on one rung. The problem is, I dont have the Offline Development S/W and when looking at the .obj file in notepad, it appears that the two "spare" inputs were never assigned. This looks like 2 problems to me. I'm a Field Service Eng. and we no longer have any "Controls" people. Questions are, can I modify the PAL from the CNC panel? Can I assign the next input via the same method?

Oh, one more: Does anybody know where / if I can get a copy of the PAL Programming Ref. Manual publication # 8520-PRM2? RA has everything else in their library except that.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,

Scott