Omron E5AR and AB DeviceNet Scanner

gtsuport

Cross posted from Mr.PLC.com

Anybody have any experience with the E5AR temperature controller on DeviceNet?

I have a customer trying to connect this to an AB 1747-SDN scanner (master). Have not been sucessful keeping communications working, scanner faults with a 77 error (basically data size mismatch). This is with the default parameters. Per Omron tech support we have the most recent EDS file.

Default parameters will not work for the application and when they try to modify the parameters, typically the scanner will not even find the controller.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When you have a connection data size mismatch, you have to resolve it from both sides.

How many bytes Input and Output data are configured for the E5AR's scanlist entry in RSNetworx for DeviceNet ?

I am not familiar with the E5AR. Can you tell me how much data it expects to exchange with a scanner under the default I/O connection ?

If you have the ability to get RSNetworx to run the "Class Instance Attribute Editor", you can read the expected I/O connection sizes from Class 05 (DeviceNet Connection), Instance 02 (Polled Connection), Attributes 7 (Produced bytes) and 8 (Consumed Bytes).

Ken,

Thanks for the input. The customer will be checking that information in the morning. There is a bit of learning curve for both parties on this project.

Your help is appreciated!