setting up a timer in GX Developer

gkinslow

I've been programming a while with a wide range of programs, but I have never used Mitsubishi GX Developer. I have several manuals in pdf from Mitsubishi's web site on GX Developer and the Fx3 series of plc's which is what I'm using but I cannot find where it clearly states how to set up a timer. Just a basic time on delay timer. Also is there a way to use an equivalent to AB's TT Bit. example, T4:0 timer and a T4:0/TT or DN.

Mitsu Q series uses T registers. I think Fx probably has high and low speed timers setable in blocks. A simple 5 second On Delay timer (.1s increments) would be this coil:
(T1 K50) where T1 is a low speed timer with a Preset of Constant 50 tenths of a second. Just use a LD (normally open contact) T1 for the Timer Done bit like AB. GX Developer is a different world, but their help instructions do make sense after you understand what they are talking about.
For Timer Timing bits I think you will have to create a parallel coil around the timer (like a timer enabled bit) and create a new coil with the timer enabled bit AND NOT Done bit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the help. So far I'm not that impressed with the Mitsubishi software. I'm much more comfortable with RS Logix 500 & 5000 or DirectLogic32. This site is awsome, there is so much help on here.

The programming software is not as intuitive or as easy to use as any of the AB or Omron platform IMO. Like anything else it takes getting used to using it. Right now I'm using ver 7 of GX Developer, but I know that version 8 allows you to do some fancier stuff kinda like UDT's in Logix5000. Good luck to you.