Remote E300 unit

sporter

Hello, Can anyone help me here?, I need to setup an additional E300 unit approx 50 Meters away from the Control panel which has an E300, The PLC is an Q2as unit and it is working well,

I need to know what cables I need and also can the programs be the same in both units,

thanks

There are two ways,
1. connect the other E300 via the 232 port on the original E300 (dependant on the distance it might be advisable to use 422 converters. you can use pashthrough mode on one E300 this lets you talk to the plc via the 232 port on the other E300.
2. fit an EJ71 232/422 card & use that as the extra port, you could connect both E300's to the Ej71 card if you wish

Third way is to add ETTP cards and use a crossover ethernet cable. Ethernet is generally quicker than serial but you will need a card for both E300s. I also found it easier to setup the ethernet rather than the serial connection.

Regards

Bryan

Network is ok but it will cost you about £300 to do it that way & usually HMI connections don't have to be that fast.