Absolute newbie with request for info

Coolerman

Good day mates, please forgive my newness!

I am an electronic tech that works in the process control sector of the asphalt and aggregate industries. I have recently been 'promoted' to learning PLC programming and was given an Idec Smart Relay to become familiar with the concepts. (Later they plan to purchase a full PLC for me to learn on. )

The Smart Relay is super simple to program. Took me about an hour to get it doing some simple things once I read the manual that came with it. However the documentation leaves uhhh... a bit to be desired? :) It does not cover programming concepts or how to use this function to duplicate that circuit type stuff.

Is there an on line forum or site that may have more detailed explanations for some of this devices functions? I have been reading a lot here but to be frank it's mostly over my head!

Thanks!

Have you gone through the "Learn PLC's" information on this site? The link is at the top of the page.