PanelMate 2000

JAK

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if there is any type of tech support for the PanelMate HMI software?
Also, I am working on an existing program that is utilizing Readout Templates. Is there any type of notification tag "PanelBuilder style", that would set a flag for handshaking capability or do the readout templates write directly to the address designated in the target word address on the control definitions tab? The control type drop down is configured for Numeric.
In another part of the application, the programmer has configured an indicator template to trigger moving values into the setpoint or value 2 on the readout template.
The reason I ask is because it appears there is a notification bit that loads the value, but I can't find the @#$&#@Q thing in the HMI.

In AB land I am used to a numeric input consisting of 4 items.
The notification tag - (BOOL) similar to pressing the enter key on a keypad I suppose.
Handshake tag - (BOOL) used to send signal back to HMI to say the input was received.
Write tag - actual data that is written to the pLC (Setpoint, parameter, etc)
Dispaly tag - Displays value from PLC, usually the address that was written to.

I am starting to believe this bit is just an artifact. But I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden configuration tab that I may be missing that would link the "change value" popup pushbutton that shows up on the right hand of the display when the readout template is selected.

Thanks

Forget about trying to make analogies to the way PanelViews work. PanelMates are different. Numeric templates write the number directly to the PLC address when you touch the "Enter" key.

If you choose, you can display a different address than the address you write to on the numeric template.

Which software are you using to create your PanelMate screens? If I remember correctly, the PanelMate 2000 used the DOS-based software and not the Power Series. I think I still have both, so if you get stuck, I may be able to help you out. I just don't have a PanelMate to download the screens to.

The PanelMate Power Pro software. ver. 2.50.6.50b2. Ordered specifically for this current project and destined to be my next favorite beer coaster. PanelMates are a little pricey.

What PLC language are you using? Are you using PMConfig -windows version? It has been way to long - don't remember the DOS version for the 2000. If using PMConfig if you print a report - many many pages, it identifies all addresses on every page this is very helpful. I just printed a 30 page unit, was 110 pages to a PDF file rather then use paper. If you need help getting this far let me know. While writing this, I see you answered one question, I believe this software is very similar.

George

As steve said dont try and compare the two brands..it just gets confusing!. The panel mate is a fairly good product, we have lots and have no issues (There was at first but Cutler Hammer came good in the end)my software is a little older than yours but still version 2. again i can try and help you out, i have a 5000 series panel i can download to but no plc to hook it up to..

D

I am using a Modicon Quantum processor. George if you could point me in the direction of printing the tag data base, that will give me a warm fuzzy before I start making assumptions and deleting.
Also, do you know where to configure alarm messages?
I have enclosed a screen shot. The change value indicator is what I was curious about as far as linking that key press to a bool tag.
Sorry I lied about the screen shot. This site doesn't take kindly to the JPEG. Any suggestions? For some reason the $W%$^#W .BMP file is beyond the 300 K limit.

George was refering to the old panel mate software..used for obsolete panelmates..you are on the new software..you still thinking AB when you say configure alarms..Its not like that at all..

I will PM you with my email..send the file and i can take a look and see what you are talking about..then walk you thru it..trust me once you get the hang of it its fairly easy..

D

I have a panelmate 2000 v2.11 I can upload the configuration no problem. I edit the configuration in Panelmate Configuration EDITOR V2.5 and attempt to download when it fails(operation status) immediately. I think editor v2.5 converts to .PPS ?