Slightly OT - Loop Calibrators

scottmurphy

I have been looking to get my own calibrator for a while now, I made a mistake when I bought my fluke a couple of years back, in not getting it with this option.

What type to you guys normally use? We have druck that are company ones, but for me, would be easier to have my own. And at $1300 kiwi pesos, is quite expensive.

I am a fan of paying for quality, and the druck is def worth it and very easy to use, just the price tag...

Mann Industries in Ozz had a couple. One is a fairly cheap analogue one and the other is digital. I have had the analogue one for many years now and it works very well. They are now part of Weidmuller.

Transcat look good, they have a v/ma instrument as well as a mini calibrator.

And the way the exchange rate is at the moment, is cheaper to purchase off-shore than here.

Last edited:
Look on ebay for a fluke processmeter. I just saw one for 95UK . I have posted stuff of a simialar weight to NZ before for about 30UK.
I have had a meter like this for years and it's excellent.

go with the fluke 725 process calibrator. check it out, it is expensive but is a very very very great tool.

the process meter by fluke is good but then if you need to use fluke meter voltage functions and calibrator at the same time yer screwed. The transcat stands alone and he allready has a fluke meter. This is just my opinion.
nutt

Its been a few years but I had a Fluke 702 for a while. It reads about anything and sources volts amps t/c's RTD's etc. It also did some data collection that could be dumped into a PC. This was handy when looking for faults in off hours. I don't remember how many $ it was but I remember it was worth it.

diat150 said:
go with the fluke 725 process calibrator. check it out, it is expensive but is a very very very great tool.

I agree, I give the 725 a 10 on the 1-10 scale and it is well worth the 2000.00 price. I love the 4-20mA source on it. losded with features. And I believe for the same price you get the calibration certificate which gaurantees accuracy.

The high end Fluke in the 7xx series can do HART.

People have told me that the Fluke works fine for those HART devices whose DDs are already loaded into the Fluke, but that getting subsequent DDs into the Fluke is not doable.

I have no personal experience with it, but I've heard that from 3 different techs who use it.

Dan