1769-it6

darrenj

hey all, Having a bit of an issue setting up a thermocouple card with the compact logix, i searched the forum and found this post

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=26488&highlight=1769-IT6

In it Alaric shows the screen shot from logix500..i dont have any of those option in 5000, I get two tabs at the top, general and connection. (I am using v13.03) can someone else check and see if you have more options??

Thanks

D

Hmmm... With v15.01 of RS5k, I have a configuration tab that has the same type of information.

1769-IT6_Config.png

now thats wierd...just tried to upload my screen shot..says its to large (788k)..how do you shrink yours down?

Those modules' configuration profiles were added to RSLogix 5000 v13 as "add-on profiles".

Get them from http://support.rockwellautomation.com/

On the right side of the Support page, follow the "RSLogix 5000 I/O Modules Add-On Profiles" and download the profiles you need.

Note that you will need a small subrevision upgrade to 13.04 to support these profiles. If your support has lapsed, contact your RA distributor or local office and I'm sure you can get the subrevision update from them.

Ken i found that add on, thats how i got my 1769-IF8 module..i guess i will need to upgrade..I am waiting on my supplier to get back to me, i gave the PO yesterday so i should be good to go shortly.

Thanks

I had problems after i upgraded (The controller kept faulting). spoke with tech support and was told there was an issue with these modules in V13,v13.01 and v13.03

deleteing the module and then importing the project into a revision above 13.03 worked,
There is also another "quick fix" available, See tech note 30332 (thats the number i was given)

Thanks guys

D