Test equipment

MrQ

Hello,

As most of you know in most parts of Europe we run 230/400V 50Hz.

However, our company delivers Hydraulic equipment to all over the world. We therefore have a need to be able to Test electrical motors with all kind of voltages and 50 or 60Hz. We have been using some transformers and frequency convertors for smaller motors. However, we need to run electrical motors from 1-100kW.

Is there any company that delivers some kind of standard equipment for this?

I have seen a few diesel gen sets that you can set the freq to 50 or 60 hertz and configure the gen volts for what you need. These were in Egypt and Saudi but came from europe.

milldrone said:
Caterpillar, Onan, Multiquip?

Do not leave out John Deere since they are made in Europe.

If working with 150Hp or larger motors etc it may be justified to have a genset that can produce either 50 or 60Hz and the necessary voltages/current. Just depends.

SDMO, out of France, is another good portable power solution

PASS!!! Their stuff is being ripped out in a few locations in Sydney because it did not work!!!

We've got an electrically driven 50Hz generator in our testing area so that we can test our stuff going your direction.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get a 60Hz generator with a pretty wide variable voltage control and then drive it however you want (diesel engine, electric motor, etc).

At one point when our gen-set was on the blink we looked at getting a new diesel gen-set that would do 50/60 and variable 315-515v, but the cost was something like $50k US so we repaired our old 50Hz generator.