S5 Programming ladder

hello im just manualy commenting a ladder, I have been given for a project next week. There is a few symbols i don't understand.

F58.0
+-----+
!S !
! !
! !
!R Q!
+-----+
I don't know what this function does at all. But Im assuming it makes F58.0 go high when its true? F58.0 is like a memory relay?

+-----+
!T!-!0!
!TV BI!-
! DE!-
! !
!R Q!
+-----+
I know this is timer but i don't know what TV BI DE mean imassuming KT 003.2 is 3 milli seconds? and i don;t know what type of timer it is?

Any help would be fantastic
Thanks

S5 timer

Hi quickelectronics!

I cant understand your F58.0,it is not possible to se that rung.

Your timer: TV=timervert in German,timervalue in English-
KT 003.2 is 3 sec. KT 003.1 is 0,3 sec.

BI and DE is actual timer value

Good luck!

Next time use brackets and

[code.]put your code here [/code.]

with out the (.) it showes up like this

Code:
put your code here

As far as your questions, S is for set and R is for reset so I think you are setting a bit and reseting it

the timer values are x.0 is a 0.01 base, x.1 is a 0.1 base and x.2 is a 1.0 base, so your example of "KT 003.2" would be 3 sec

geniusintraining said:
S is for set and R is for reset so I think you are setting a bit and reseting it

As Mark correctly states, this is a SR latching relay, top line sets the bit, botom line reset the bit. This one has reset priority so if both inputs are true at the same time, the reset wins.

You can also get a RS version with set priority.

Trying to deduce what the first rung is it looks like you were correct in that its a Set / Reset.

If the 'set' input is high then this sets the address (in your case F58.0) high. You then need to the 'reset' input to go high to reset this flag.

The timebase (as has already been pointed out) for S5 is as follows.

KT 3.0 = 3 x 100th of a second (30ms)
KT 3.1 = 3 x 10th of a second (300ms)
KT 3.2 = 3 x 1 second (3 seconds)
KT 3.3 = 3 x 10 seconds (30 seconds)

The BI and DE outputs are the timer value. As far as I know BI is the binary value (ie. the proper value of the timer) DE is the Binary Coded Decimal representation of the timer value.

Hope this helps...

JT ;-)