reving up a 1769 32E processor to V16

darrenj

Hi all!!
I have 1769 32E processor that i want to upgrade to V 16..however in control flash it tells me to read the release notes, saying there ould be a problem with the ethernet port after..i could find nothing in the notes..(Other stange thing is when i look at "help" about rslogix5000 my version is still written as 13.xxx however when it loads it tells me that v16 is installed..

question is

is there an issue reving up the 1769 32e to V 16??

Thanks

d

*I* sure had one!

I looked up the publication # listed in that warning message that you mentioned, and they have you do things like make sure that no other processor is consuming any tags, make sure that no rswho windows are browsing the processor, etc.

After reading through all the warnings and notes, I upgraded it, it rebooted, and I have a dead ethernet port. No MS, NS or LNK lights on the processor anymore.

Great start on a project which is already running late. As I type this, I'm waiting on my replacement 1769-L32E to arrive, so I can flash it with *15* instead.

-Dave