S7 Programming

plcengineer

I am trying to get the code updated from an S7 plc using simatic manager. An OEM came in and made some changes to the code, but never updated the documentation. How can I take what they have and upload into to the offline file. Do I use Upload Station or do I just copy all the FC's etc online to the offline file. I am confused by the simatic manager upload station and other choices. Can someone explain this? I just need to do a full upload from the processor to an offline file..

Thanks,
plcengineer

Upload a PLC station to a new project.
Create a new project with step7, eg temp. In the project tree rigth click -> insert object, eg Simatic 300 system. Double click on hardware.
In the hardware config, choose menu PLC->Upload. In the new window, find your PLC system and click OK. After uploading the hardware close the hardware editor.
In step7 manager, click accesible nodes and find your plc system. Copy all the online blocks to the offline blocks of the project. Now you have the hardware configuration and the plc blocks only without any comments or user texts.

But why not just use the compare blocks function. A fast way to compare offline and online blocks.

"compare" is the way to go...

As S7xp said.. The "compare" function is the best for you,then you will keep the comments in your project. An "upload station" is ok for emergency downloads.

-Open your project file and mark "Blocks"
-Options and Compare blocks
-Online/offline and hit "compare"
-Mark any red differene ,red is a code difference
-Hit "goto" then you have both offline and online to examine
-Edit your offline project and save
-Do a new "compare" or choose to go to the next difference

Good luck!

You can save the changes to your offline project just clicking save button in online project after you have opened the changed function in online. No comments loosing etc.

Miika said:
You can save the changes to your offline project just clicking save button in online project after you have opened the changed function in online. No comments loosing etc.

If your suggesting what I think, it will not lose the comments, just screw them up completely.

Compare is the best function, do that first and see how much change there is.

Personally, I would contact the supplier for an up to date copy and make a temp project as a back-up until it arives.

Unfortunately it is a manual job. Or you make your offline file the same as your online file with the compare function. Or upload the online file and add manually the known comments. Just save the code , as mentioned, is with most of the plc programming software I know disastrous for your comments.