RSLogix 5000 version 13 and above

bissotoe

Still can't use any version of RSLogix 5000 above 12. When attempt I get the message: Failed to create project, class not registered. I un-installed/installed/un-installed/intalled... all versions and still have the problem. I have a Windows XP-Pro SP2 with all the updates, Microsoft Office 2007, SQL2005, Visual Studio 2005, in between other programs. RSLogix 5000 works OK until I updated to version 13 or above. Now, anything above 12 doesn't work. Any ideas?

Did you let it install the "dot net framework"?
I think this was required from V13 - you should be prompted to do it.

I have .net 2.0 on my computer. the only difference from my cpu and others (that works OK) is Microsoft Office 2007. I am thinking that that might be something to consider...

I've heard of some interference between MS-Office and some RA components, principally involving IE7 updates, but I don't think you should go directly to that conclusion. I myself have Office 2002 on my engineering workstation.

Did you get a chance to run this by RA Technical Support ?

I have a tech support from RA but not luck. I also have IE7, MS Office 2007 and .NET 2.0. I suspect one of them is causing the problem. Since this is a "write to file" problem, I am tend to believe that IE7 would be the last to blame. I havde some work to tonight with this system, and I will post the solution, for others to come. Thanks

Can you open a sample project with v13 or higher ?

I'm trying to figure out if this is restricted to creating new projects or just CompactLogix projects, or everything.

Is this PC by any chance an upgrade from XP Home to XP Professional ? I've seen some super-strange Registry problems on PCs that have that history.

my system have office2003,acad2007,ie7.0,no problem with my software,i have installed the logix5000 v13,v15 and rslinx2.51. if your install CD has some question, or your PC's systemfiles were distroied.i think repair or reinstall windowsxp will solve the problem.

I finally got over the "bump". I did three things but I violated the principle of troubleshooting: one thing at a time...so now, I don't know what fixed. This is what I did. Un-installed .NET 2.0, re-installed RSLogix 5000. No luck, I believe, I am sure I tried to run the program. Re-installed .NET 2.0. Still no luck. Then, I shared my c drive on the network (my computer is the only one on the network, usually). Then I run the program, and it works! but now I am not sure what fixed. I am thinking that sharing the directory might have fixed the problem. RA support told me that my error is related to the fact that RSLogix can't access the directory, hence by sharing the c drive the problem might have been fixed. Final outcome, the program is working so I keep moving. Thanks for the hints...