Multiple Workstations

prg

Hi guys! is it possible to run RSlinx on two different pc's simultaneously without having them hang up? Even if two people try to access the same controller at the same time using RSWho?

Yes

We have two PC's running RSLinx & RSLogix, so we can access the DH+ network from 2 locations within the plant.

I have try it, one PC was connected via ethernet and other was in RS232C connected to RSLogix5000.
When one or the other makes changes to PLC program that other can see it with small icon on the right bottom of the display and RSLogix tells program has changed, please save it.
Variable tables could be done misstakes if one or the other changes or makes newones.
If both looks same Rung, both can see if other are doing changes.

Yes, you can access one controller from two PC's.
But only one can do online edits.
I believe it is simply the first one that starts editing that locks the other out from doing any edits. But, the other PC can still look at the controller.

JesperMP said:
Yes, you can access one controller from two PC's.
But only one can do online edits.
I believe it is simply the first one that starts editing that locks the other out from doing any edits. But, the other PC can still look at the controller.

With CtrlLogix5000 it works well, we ware 2 people doing FAT and we made edits etc. But varable-name changes must update separetly, so be carefully with them. Maybe there is the better way for handling variable names.