Ab Pannel View 1200

tech607

Hi, I have a question to ask . Is there a way to retrieve an existing application from AB Pannel View 1200 2711-KC1 through PCMCIA memory card? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Yes there is a way.
And the way is to press the left and right arrows simultaneously which will put you into configure mode then just follow the onscreen prompts.
Regards A Case

A standard ATA flash memory card may not be compatible with the Panelview 1200 depending on the series and you may have to use one of the A-B cards: 2711-NM11,12,13,14,22,24, or 26. Check the RA knowledge base for your specific series.

Thank you very much. The model I am using has a key at the back to put into configuration mode. When I go to configuration mode and select "UP LOAD/DOWN LOAD" fron the menu, it displays a message" Data in the memory card is not recognised" But it does not display anything concerning the "UP LOADING". I am using an ordianary PCMCIA card.

have a loook with jstolaruk reply

A standard ATA flash memory card may not be compatible with the Panelview 1200 depending on the series and you may have to use one of the A-B cards: 2711-NM11,12,13,14,22,24, or 26. Check the RA knowledge base for your specific series.

Those old PanelView 1200 terminals used a type of PCMCIA memory card called "Linear Flash". Modern PCMCIA memory cards use a different technology called "ATA Flash".

The two technologies are generally incompatible; Most modern computers will not read or write a Linear Flash card, and external "DataBook" brand drives for Linear Flash are rare.

I always use an RS232 serial cable to upload applications from old PanelView 1200 terminals.

Hi, I tried up loading PV 1200 (old model 2711-KC1)using RS 232. My laptop has no RS232 port so I used USB to RS232 converter cable but it would not not work, it gave cable error. The same cable stup, I tried to communicate using NetLinx Studio to an AMX device and it did work perfactly. Your help will be highly appreciaed.

The problem could still be an incompatible USB/RS232 device, wrong cable, or non-matching communication settings.

The cable required for Panelview 1200 upload/download is A-B 2711-NC1. The transfer utility is 2711E-ND7. The manual for that s/w and documents the upload/download procedure can be found at the A-B website and is 2711-UM010B-EN-P.