Siemens S5 IP242A counter module

Nerasmus

Hi All,

I am trying to add a sixth counter to above mentioned module with much success... here are some details

The module is already working on the plant with a S5-135 CPU928, using FB178, page frame adressing, counters 1-5 being used. We now need to add a sixth - a decoder - measuring the total product throughput.

I have copied the program elements from the existing program to use in testing before we try to implement. During parametrization of the counters I get bit 7 in the MELD (message byte), a group error bit. The value in the error byte is zero, but in the F-NR byte the value 9 is present. According to the manual it means acknowledgement delay, but no further details as to how or what can be done to solve the problem.

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanx in advance for all the help and thinking going into this one.

Regards Nico