Companies repairing 1394

Klaus

As you probably now Rockwell will no longer support 1394GMC drives in the future. The series C has the state "Silver series" now. Are there any companies in the US that repair things like system modules, axis modules or motors? Here in Germany there are some companies that repair Siemens stuff, so are there any similar companies for Rockwell stuff?

I don't know of any 3rd party companies, but Rockwell still repairs these. Also, if they have any refurbished units available at the repair center, you can exchange a faulty unit for a refurb at a reduced cost and it will have a 1 year warranty. The exchange is nice, because they will ship the refurb unit and you can send the faulty one after you have installed the replacement. I can't speak for Europe, but the US repair hub can have a replacement (if it is in stock) delivered to you by around 10:00 am next-day.

NOTE: Just because Rockwell move a product to "Silver Series" or if it has already reached "obsolete" status, doesn't necessarily mean they will no longer support it. For example, technical support, repairs and exchanges still exist for obsolete items such as the PLC-2, PLC-3, 1336 Classic, etc.

Last edited: