Motor control in HMI

smichalo

Hello all

I"ve got a question here that might make sense or not. I'm installing an HMI on a packing machine that we built and we currently drive the conveyor with a DC motor. What I would like to know is if the motor speed can be adjusted through a command in the HMI. I'm using an AB micrologix 1500? I've never done this before and I'm just wondering if it can be done?
And if anybody has done this in the past would you share you idea with me.

The HMI I'm using is an eztouch EZC-S6M-E 6"

Thanks

Steve

By the way this is a great sight. I found a lot of answers here

Usually you can drive a DC drive card with a variable voltage input, and all you'd need is an analog output card on the ML1500 & a scaled block on your HMI.

Typically a very easy installation.
If you post the DC drive card # or a manual, I'm sure we here on the forum can help.

Thanks CroCop

I don't have that information right now as I am at home. I could get that Information when I get into work tommorrow and post it when I get home. Is that O.K.?

Thanks

Steve