Ethernet or modbus

srik

I have to communicate the DCS system (main processor)to Aux. PLCs for only data retrieval and not for remote opeartions.Can we go to modbus? or Ethernet?. The distance between the main processor to aux.PLCs is around 500 mtrs. Further we decided to use modbus for foreign devices such as energymeters etc.,

Watch out!

If in any manual or process you write the magic word Ethernet then you are going to have to explain to them IT peoples why its not there turf.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any recommendations for Electronic Circuit Breakers with 0V Terminals built-in and Fieldbus (IO-LINK, MODBUS TCP, EtherNet/IP?)...
Replies
Views
What's the cheapest way to go from modbus rtu rs485 to Ethernet IP or TCP. I've got some power transducers I'd like to read some modbus addresses...
Replies
Views
Hello, Sorry, my knowledge of communication protocol is limited, so thank you in advance for your answer. My question; I want to get 5 values...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Trying to help a client who has a project that was started with Schneider STB remote I/O, but they are still waiting on the STBNIP2212...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I was wondering if you clever people could help me, please. In the past I have used a standalone L33ER CompactLogix PLC with the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom