Jan R

Hello,

I need help with debugging step7
I want debug a program in step7 with
first engineer debugging FB1 to FB50
second engineer debugging FB60 to 100
Both at the same time and both on profibus or MPI

Did anyone knows wath i have to set on both PC's

To use the built in debugger in Step7 (which I'm assuming is what you mean), then you have to be in the Online mode in Simatic Manager. In this case I'm pretty certain only one person can use the Debugger at a time.

If you mean debugging in the more general sense of fault-finding then you theoretically could do this by working with two PCs, one on MPI and the other on Profibus or Ethernet. In practice you'll find that you very quickly run out of resources.

I havent tried to online with 1 PLC from several PCs, but I have heard that it is possible.

There is one hard limitation, I think:
For S7-300, only 1 block can be monitored at a time.
The S7-400 allows several blocks to be simultanously open online. Dont know how many though.

Over ethernet with a 400 allows multiple access from various users , but it is just asking for trouble , any changes done need to be merged back into a master project somewhere - I personally prefer one user , one PLC , and if changes are required , get them done on the one PC .
I find it difficult to understand how one engineer could do one half and the other , the other half - there are just bound to be dependencies unless there are no multi instances .