PL1000E - caterpillar

rancalifa

hi,

for communication with C7 engien (caterpillar) . i have purchase the PL1000E . i need to download to the device file *.PTE that is fix with the C7 paremeters. the problem is that the file doesnt come with the basic disk supplied with the PL1000E. can i use another file ?
does anyone encounter that problem ?

ran .

You have to build a parameter control file (pcl extension) in the parameter translation editor. Once the PCL file is built you then use an ftp client (I used the DOS client that comes with XP) to transfer the file to the proper folder in the PL1000E. The PL1000E must then be restarted so that it loads the parameter file. The software disk comes with very clear directions for how to do all of this.

Similar Topics

How can I access the web page that allows me to see and upload the pcl or translation file into my Pl1000E? My Pl1000E doesn’t have an ethernet...
Replies
Views
I have a Cat PL100E configured up as Modbus slave. 9600 B, Int16, 41000 series registers. My Modbus master communicates with the PL1000 and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Has anyone out there had any success with retreiving data from a Caterpillar Generator Set? We currently wish to talk an AB...
Replies
Views
first we have 3 cat. generators sync. with each other and with the national grid and controlled by woodward control system (EGCP-2) there is a...
Replies
Views
Dear Folks, We lost an application file for a Cat genset, the control panel is Terbererg, I would appreciate if you could lend me a help on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom