PowerFlex 70 Upload Comm. Problem

kirk_dotson

I am tring to upload parameters from a powerflex 70 drive. My goal is to back the files up and place them on our backup server. I can go online with the drive, view and change parameters. When I go to upload all the parameters I get a Comm. Fault in the program. I am using DriveExplorer Lite V5.02 and the serial converter (cant't remember the part #). I have tried on seperate PC's one with a true serial port and one using a USB to serial converter. Below is a pic of the fault I am getting
Thanks
CAI3G18D.jpg

Kirk, wath kind of cable are you using to communicate the Powerflex drive and the PC or laptop?? Is it an "official" Allen Bradley product (like 1203-USB or Anacanda) or you make the cable yourself??

If you can go online with drive use File-save as- enter drive description or IP. Sounds like you have proper comms if you can connect. Also save a csv file just as a hard copy. This is done by printing as a PDF file under file on tool bar.

Object Class 0x9E is the DPI Configuration class, so the software is failing in something related to the DPI peripherals (the HIM or a comms adapter or the Serial/DPI adapter).

My guess is that if you navigated around the DPI peripherals you would find something that wasn't readable.

The issue probably stems from a drive database file that doesn't match the particular drive perfectly, so I agree that the simplest troubleshooting step is to upgrade to the current release of Drive Explorer.