Ab 1200

Leon

I have an older AB 1200 Series A that is in the Run mode, and I can not download a new program. Does anyone know how to clear the memory or program? I have auto configed and the path node is OK.

Thanks

There should be key switch on the back of the unit that puts the PV into program mode. It used the same key that works on the PLC5s

Yes I am talking about a 1200 PLC and not a PanelView

Thanks for the reply guys.

Have you made a connection with RSLinx, if so can you upload program?
Once you upload program then go online, put processor in the program mode. Then click on comms and click clear memory.

Thanks

Thanks Mickey as that did work. 3 AB people in town here where I get my materials and support did not know how to do it or they just didn't want to tell me. Now I can use it for any project.

Leon

Whoops

Mickey,

I have a series C and that series A on the the same rack. I made a mistake and did that with the series C and it did clear it and I did have to download again. After I realized that I tried the same thing with the Series A. When I try to go to comm in RSLinx all I get is the RED X over the processor and then I am stuck with a no communication error to the processor and the path and node are correct.

Sorry about that, but I was in a hurry and haste makes waste.

Leon

Okay, so let's resolve whether you can connect to the MicroLogix 1200 Series A controller at all.

MicroLogix 1200 controllers have a "Communications Default" button on them, right below the trim pots near the Channel 0 serial port plug. When you press this button and the "DCOMM" LED is lit, the Channel 0 serial port will be set to the default configuration of DF1 Full Duplex at 19200 baud.

When in the DCOMM mode, connect your PC and use the Autoconfig feature in the RSLinx DF1 Full Duplex driver setup. If this works, then you'll be able to clear the controller memory or download to the controller.