S7 300 Plc

The backplane is the connection board. The use is to plug in the processor module and all the I/O modules. The backplane carries messages and power from the processor to the Inputs and Outputs.

P.S. The only time this question comes up is in school and training classes...

Dear pa 1784,
I think your question is not clear!, what you mean by black plane?
I see Mr. Lancie1 is talking about the Back plane and not a Black plane. spicialy when you said ON CASE of S7-300 and not behind.
regards

Should it not be that for a S7-300 the back-plane is a 35 mm-rail (mounting-rail) for mechanical montage only for the modules. The electric connections are made by a U-shaped connector that has to be pushed between two modules.

The S7-400 has a active backplane.

I agree with Afashlum. The topic isn't clear.

If you can't identify this black plane can you send us a drawing? It might be an SR-71 or an F-117. Once we see the general image we should be able to tell you what it is.

As to its use, it might be just a decoration someone has applied to this S7-300. Who knows.

Regards

Ken

(I have a feeling this could be one of those threads that ends up with 4 pages of posts and we all wonder 'now how on Earth did that all start?')

ivo.maenen said:
Should it not be that for a S7-300 the back-plane is a 35 mm-rail (mounting-rail) for mechanical montage only for the modules.
To my limited knowledge (I only use S7-300 on daily bases :ROFLMAO: ), the rail is not 35mm, but more about 122mm wide.

And it's only black if you paint it. Standard it's anodised aluminium.

pa_1784 said:
What is the black plane on case of S7 300 PLC?
Technically speaking, the S7-300 has no back-plane. The connection between modules is made by interconnection pieces, as mentioned by Ivo. Some people do regards this as a backplane-in-pieces. The goal of a backplane is simply to provide for the electrical connection between the different modules of the PLC. Without it, you would only have a collection of modules, not a PLC.

All of this should be basic knowledge, but then that's what school is all about: gaining basic knowledge.

Kind regards,

35mm-mouting Rail---> 122 mm: now that I read it, you're correct...this morning I used google to know how to write mounting-rail and the 35mm also popped up as the first thing...and without thinking I used 35-mm...sorry for this....so J-P, thanks for the correction.