A-B SLC 5/04--Any Hope?

cntrlfrk

Walked in to a SLC5/04 that seems to be dead. It continuously flashes the lights similar to a power-up self test, pauses, then repeats.

I can't communicate via DH+. I've cycle power, pulled it, pulled the battery, re-installed with no luck.

New processor seemed to do the trick.

Are there any 'tricks' other than what I mentioned above, or is this just junk?

Have you reset the 504 to factory settings ?

Whats the flashing, if you look in the manual i am sure the different blinks mean something..!

There was really no light blinking sequence to follow in the chart. Like I said, it was pretty much like it was repeating the initial power-up sequence...Fault light, then DH+ light, then all lights, then DH+ light...pause...repeat.

However I've never done the 'short GND to Vbb', and that seems to have done the trick. Wonder how many have been tossed without trying that??

Thanks guys.

cntrlfrk said:
There was really no light blinking sequence to follow in the chart. Like I said, it was pretty much like it was repeating the initial power-up sequence...Fault light, then DH+ light, then all lights, then DH+ light...pause...repeat.

However I've never done the 'short GND to Vbb', and that seems to have done the trick. Wonder how many have been tossed without trying that??

Thanks guys.

Loads ! , the cap keeps a charge for ages .

Same thing happened to me once.
In fact the SLC 5/04 was fine until the power was cycled.
It came up showing no communication on DH+ and processor fault.
We ended up changing the processor.

Kim