Ethernet Communications

randy

Supporting Member
Still having issues with the communication Linx via Ethernet to RSLogix 5000. You can see both the HMI and PLC description with (?) marks over the descriptions.

My TCP/IP properties are IP Address 10.1.1.100 and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I have both my Windows firewall disable and Norton’s firewall disabled. The IP addresses that I see, which are the connect address: PC 10.1.1.100, PLC 1769 L35E 10.1.1.10, and the HIM Panel View Plus 10.1.1.11. I check the configuration and that seems to be o.k.

Could the Norton Utilities be the problem?

Thanks

rmonroe

EDS files most likely - but I tend to ghost an image of my hard drive when everything is installed , and run no virus protection apart from windows firewall - half the software I use falls over the minute I use a virus scanner , not to mention the PC runs like a 386.