problem about logix5000 with emulate moudle

qikuidg

hello friends, i am not clear about any parametes in logix5000 when i setup a emulate IO moudle,it show below, what's mean of the value in the connection parametes? can someone explain it.
112.JPG

Last edited:
What do you mean by an 'Emulate I/O Module' ?
The 'Generic' module profile is for, well, devices, generally third-party, that don't have a Rockwell defined connection manager that Logix understands.
The 'instance' numbers are how the Logix CPU can communicate via CIP messaging to the 'unknown' target device, and the 'size' parameters specify how many things (bytes, ints, dints) are to be read/written for each instance.
For example, an SSD Drive can be connected via ControlNet, but Logix knows nothing about SSD Drives, so you setup the drive as a 1756-Generic module, and specify the connection parameters like this:
Input: Instance-2, Size-9 (32 bit words).
Output: Instance-1, Size 8 (32 bit words).
Configuration: Instance-4, Size 4 (8 bit bytes).
Do NOT use generic modules to configure test I/O points... that will only cause grief later when you install real modules.

thanks rdrast for reply.i always use that to test my program.i think the emulate5000 couldn't emulate a real io moudle,after i insert a 1756-ib32 moudle and download in logix5000,it show a error,so i think the emulate5000 can only test the logic of a program,is it right?

my mean is when i use emulate5000 to test my program,i must insert a "input/output simulator" in it and in logix5000,i must insert a "generic 1756 module" to fit it.i am wonder when i download the config,monitor in online windows,the simulate module's status is normal,but the emulate controller offten appear a message: "module in use".notice ,the module must be configed like showing in picture,otherwise it will show a message "the module is unknown".
113.JPG

Last edited: