How can I connect 315-2DP to MM440 via MPI

manmeetvirdi

hi

bus?
I had done this through Profibus and USS(when using 200 series).
This would be helpfull after filling all the 32 nodes of the DP port and not having the repeater.

Also 32 nodes in a single segment of profibus is including or excluding PLC DP port?

Regards,
Manmeet

manmeetvirdi said:
hi

bus?
I had done this through Profibus and USS(when using 200 series).
This would be helpfull after filling all the 32 nodes of the DP port and not having the repeater.

Also 32 nodes in a single segment of profibus is including or excluding PLC DP port?

Regards,
Manmeet

Hello Manmeet;
Micromaster drives only support Profibus-DP, not MPI; and if you have more than 32 drives I recommend higher speeds than can be used by MPI anyway, so look for a repeater.
The Master's node address is included in the segment addressing.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier