"milk Vending Machine" Plc Problem

subhasiskundu

I want to know the complete ladder logic (with ladder diagram) of the following PLC problem named as "MILK VENDING MACHINE".

An automatic "MILK VENDING MACHINE" has a front panel with 5 lamps/indicators marked as 0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,2.5 litres ; one "start" button ; one "up" & one "down" pushbutton ; one "wait" button ; one lamp/indicator each for "hold" & "over/new".The amount of milk required is selected by the user in multiples of 0.5 litres , by pressing the "up" & one "down" pushbutton .The max quantity that can be specified is 2.5 litres . The lamps on the top of the quantity selection switches, is arranged in the form of a bar graph with a resolution of 0.5 litres. After the desired quantity has been set, pressing the start switch causes the "over/new" lamp to be turned off and the desired amount of milk is dispensed. Then the "over/new" lamp is again lit . If the wait button is pressed when the milk is being dispensed the flow is stopped temporarily (the "hold" light lamp lights up ) until the "wait" button is repressed. And as the milk is being dispensed , the no. of indicators lit on the bar graph indicates the vol. of the milk yet to be delivered (in multiples of 0.5 liters ).

Please send the answer to this Mail -ID --> [email protected]

At least he said "please"...

Eric, I have ever studying English and You can read it from my comments, fortunately we can watch English TV-programs as Ewing Oil from Dallas, Texas.
So I don't know all your softly discussing rules. I can say 'I want' etc. and we don't use 'please', 'excuse me' in the supermarket, maybe we say 'give way'.
We don't use small tolk, because we are wastening your time, maybe 20 people time in the meeting etc...
If you ask something, it could take minute when we give the answer, we don't inevitably understand say 'well..'. Anyhow in eastern countryes it means 'he is wise guy, he is thinking'! And vv, if somone tolk 'too much' maybe we are thinking he is stupid.....

I'm jokening, all the best for all of your.

seppoalanen:

The translation of languages often causes problems, especially English when politely requesting something.

The difference between 'give me the answer' and 'please give me the answer' is vast. (demand or request)

A demand will usually be ignored, where as a request might get an answer. (just because of that little word, please)

Your countries method of cutting out the small talk is probably the best way, especially in business. But, it is a protocol that has to be follwed in english - more so with the written word as no intonation can be implied. :cool:

subhasiskundu;

If you need help with your problem, then you need to post again with what you have done so far. Everyone here will help you but no-one will do it for you.

subhasiskundu, I don't think you intend to be irritating, but in my opinion your request is out of order. I've seen quite a few other requests in this vein lately, and I find them annoying.

If you are a student, then this is an exercise given by the instructor to assist you in learining how to logically think through a problem, create a program with the skills you are being taught, and verify the results. If you simply copy down an answer from someone else you may get a passing grade, but you won't improve your professional skills. Write the code and post it here so the members of this forum will be able to suggest improvements or identify problems.

If you are a professional, and this is for a work assignment, then you are asking guys that get paid for doing this to donate their time to solve a problem you are being paid to solve. You are asking someone to do the entire program for you! Again, we assist each other here in solving problems, and we will be happy to help with specifics, but I for one don't feel like doing your work for you.

seppoalanen said:
...fortunately we can watch English TV-programs as Ewing Oil from Dallas, Texas

I don't know if I would call that being "fortunate"... :D

I won't spoil it for you by telling you "Who shot JR"... shutit

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. Tom, don't waste your breath...

You know as well as I do that "Please send the answer to this Mail" usually means "I don't plan to visit here again"... :oops:

Tom Jenkins said:
subhasiskundu, I don't think you intend to be irritating, but in my opinion your request is out of order. I've seen quite a few other requests in this vein lately, and I find them annoying.

Yes, but we don't have to respond.

Seppo, I am curious. How many languages do you speak? Most here are trying to master one. I routinely use the word spelling checker before I post. When I went to Finland I was surprised at how many people speak English. I would also think there would be a need for Swedish, Russian and German.

Peter Nachtwey said:

Seppo, I am curious. How many languages do you speak? Most here are trying to master one. I routinely use the word spelling checker before I post. When I went to Finland I was surprised at how many people speak English. I would also think there would be a need for Swedish, Russian and German.

Peter, younger people (than I) speak English quite well, becourse 98% of them have study it 7 to 10 years and very many have been 1-year exchange student in US, UK, Australia, NZ etc..
Here are 5% (2% can't understand Finnish) Swedish minority in Finland and Swedish is our 2'nd official language.
We have to study all our official languages 8-11 years that those 2% can use public services as hospitals etc.., this is real democracy!

I'm speaking only Finnish, but I must do documentation by Swedish, German, Russin, English... but I can't speak them.
As You wrote, Russia is big market very nere us (neighbour on the east) and their market is growing up every day, Sweden is our neighbour on the west and they are important for us as Germany and UK.
In 1950's German was more popular language than English, but maybe TV have had influence for English popularity 98%. Big numbers as Iraq election. http://www.finland.fi/

Eric, is unfortunately better word ?

Last edited: