ACB and ABL in AB

Big John T

What is the difference between ABL [Test Buffer for Line]and ACB [Number of Characters in Buffer]in RsLogix 500? They both return the same number of characters?

Thanks
John

The ABL instruction counts the characters in the buffer up to and including the first termination character.
The ACB instruction counts the characters in the buffer.

More detail can be found directly in the Logix Help File. (Help | Instruction Help)

Thanks, I've been reading the help files all day and it was not jumping out at me... Now it makes sense. If I have bla^Mbla^M ABL will report 4 and ACB will report 8!

Thanks
John

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am looking for Modbus Communication Address register details for Schneider ACB Micrologic 6.E0.. We are trying to communicate with AB...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to implement a simple barcode scan using a Micro800 PLC (with 2080-SERIALISOL plug-in module) and Keyence HR-100 scanner. Here's what...
Replies
Views
I have established communication with a sensor via ASCII protocol using the Micro-850 PLC. I have a program which writes to the sensor using an...
Replies
Views
Gents, I've to configure some SEW MoviTracB VFD's. I can do this on the front panel, or with MotionStudio. The MoviTracB has a RS485 connection...
Replies
Views
I am currently able to read strings from a Omron V750 RFID Reader/ Writer Serially. Now I want to be able to Write strings to the unit. I am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom