ASCII Commands in RsLogix500

Big John T

Is there any way to sequence the read write to port 0? I need to write a string out and wait for a response to come back then write another string out and wait for the second response the do a compare to see if it is what I am waiting for.

Do you have to clear the buffers before using AWA? Any demo files that I can look at would help a lot.

Thanks
John

Big John T said:
Is there any way to sequence the read write to port 0? I need to write a string out and wait for a response to come back then write another string out and wait for the second response the do a compare to see if it is what I am waiting for.

Do you have to clear the buffers before using AWA? Any demo files that I can look at would help a lot.

Thanks
John

see if this answers your questions...

Edit: see if this helps :D, I have four different possible strings to write/send and looking at the response from the servo, to enable the rest of the logic or not

Last edited:
Thanks for the example file... Now I'll chew on that a bit...

Edit: The biggest thing I see is your using a OSR in front of all the ASCII commands...

Let me give that a whirl...

John

Last edited:
In addition to the one shots I had a defective communications cable. Trying to learn something new with bad equipment will make you pull your hair out...

Thanks again for the example file.

John

Hi
When i tried to check ARD instuction in RSlogix500 then it shows me error that my communication mode is "SYSTEM" and when i tried to resolve that i seen that for READ instruction i must put my communication in "USER" mode
I tried to make it USER in channel configuration, but when i assign USER Mode then my total communication was lost and to re-communicate i need to clear CPU memory by removing battery and discharging it's capacitor
so please tell me procedure to use Ascii read command

Thank you