S7-400 Plc

mkemal

Hello;

I had some problem with S7-400 PLC. I think that PLC software was removed. But I'm not sure. We used CPU with RAM memory card. After the fault I removed it and inserted Flash memory card insteed of RAM Card. And I made reset to PLC. by the way, we solved this problem.

When I got this fault, CPU was stop mode and the stop led was lit. CP443-1 (communication card is related with SCADA)was stop mode. INTF and stop led were lit. fault1 led of CP441-1 (communication card is related with EDX machine) was red. you can find the picture of PLC in attachment.

Before the fault, We didn't remove Ram card, or we didn't make any upload or download operation. The battery of PLC was ok. What is the description of fault? what might be reason of it?

thanks for your helps

byee..

If the PLC is faulted, or one of the error OBs is triggered (when it should not):
If you can go online with STEP7, investigate the Hardware Diagnostics. If there is a hardware problem, you will be pointed directly to it. If there is problem with the program in the CPU or with a CP, then you will be pointed to the diagnostics buffer of the CPU or the CP.

Diagnosing via the LEDs is a waste of time. STEP7 and S7 have excellent diagnostics, use it.
As you have in effect cleared the CPU completely, it is not possible to tell now what the problem was.

Hi JesperMP;

We loaded new software in S7-400 by changing Memory Card on CPU. So it is not possible to learn what happened. I mean it doesn't give any historical or event messages from the past. it only gives present situation. is it true?

thank you for your answer

It is called the "diagnostic Buffer".
"buffer" means that it is stored until you reset the memory. There is a limit to how much the buffer can store, but the most recent problems will be there.