s7 300 and 400 master slaving

moazzim

i want use s7 300 in slave coniguration with s7 400 as a master via cp cp master slaving i am using 342-5 cp and i have to use dp port of s7 300 as a master for furthe profibus drives and et 200

can any one give me idea how i call siemens fc or sfc in masters program and in slave programe

to tranfer data b/w cp's of mater and slave

Hello moazzim;

The following link will take you to a Siemens support webpage that will describe configurations for setting a CP342-5 as slave to a S7-400:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=S7-400+master+CP342-5+slave&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=4000024
and look at the third link proposed.
Since you are asking quite a few questions on Siemens PLCs for the past few days, you should take a few minutes to study the Siemens support website. The Search facility is one of the best in the business; for example, look at what a search on "CP342-5 slave" has come up with. Try looking for help on any other subject where you need help (use the left colum to select only manuals, or FAQs, depending on what you need).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

P.S. By the way, could you have registered under an assumed flag? You seem to be from Pakistan (at least you state you are from a Pakistanese city) but you display a flag from Central America?

Last edited:
dsg file for cp342-5

one problme more that i am facing that is i have 342-5 firm version 5.0 in simatic but in phyisicali have version 5.4 i try to get dgs for that from sight but at this firm version that was unable for download if some one has dsg for cp 342-5 firm version 5.4 kindly provide me thanks

thanks daneil

do u know about master master coupling

for transfering data from one master to an other

my practice is to use wincc globel addressing

one way is through mpi with the help of globel table in simatic

but i lesson about some simatic functions that r used for golbel tranfering of data in ur pls net work

do help me in this matter

Hello maozzim;

I usually use a DP-DP coupler for this, very easy to setup as a slave to each master (it has 2 DP slave interfaces, one for each bus); 244 bytes IN/OUT, generally enopugh for data exchanges between masters.
On other projects, I have used FDL exchanges between masters, over Profibus-DP.
Search on this forum, many threads have discussed the issue.
Search for FDL exchanges on Siemens' website.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks but

you r right

but if we have two different networks then that is good practice to use dp dp coupler and i am using it

but i want to exchange data from one s7 400 to other s7 400 master at the same network that of profibus in this case i think the use of dp couplet for exchanging data is not a good practice and costly

because i a have five master in my one net work and i am deal with two networks having slaves 8nos for each if i used dpdpcoupler for each master its very castly

do u have any idea

With S7-400, you can simply configure a "connection" between CPUs in NetPro.
Then you can configure PUT/GET blocks with the connection IDs from NetPro.
In that way you can exchange data between S7-400 masters in the same Profibus network.

edit: I just read from the 1st post that a CP342-5 is mentioned, which means S7-300 and not S7-400.
With a CP342-5 you can also configure PUT/GET data exchange.
But I am confused now. What do you really have ? What do you want to achieve ?

Last edited:
simply lets say i have 2 masters s7 400 and pc they r connected via profibuss with cp 5611 for pc and cp443-5 basic for s7 400

and i have slave system via cp342-5 for 315-2dp i am able to comunicate master slaving between dp of 400 and cp 342-5

the dp port of 315 i used in my master system too bye that i can view online and make achange in slave too from my engineering station i am taking the data from one slave of one master in an other master but i am not able to transfer data between cp of master plcs of 400

do u understand my problme now

moazzim.

Please consider that you get this help for free from people that may have other things to do.
So, please state EVERYTHING relevant about the installation, and EXACTLY what you want to achieve.
You are providing the information in little drips (in your last post you popped the information that there is also a CP443-5), and I dont know exactly what you want to achieve. "Exchange data" is not enough.

Hello guys;

Jesper, when you are right, you are dead right.

Moazzim, CPUs and CPs from Siemens have different capabilities and communications blocks available, so to help you we must have a complete view of the hardware you wish to connect. Could you draw a schematic (or show the contents of Netpro if this exists already in a single project?)of the networks you need to interconnect?
Second, the following link will show you different aspects of the Put/Get communication blocks (capabilities, limits, programming) that might be of help to you:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=Profibus+Put%2FGet&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=&nodeid4=20229805
Look at documents 21 to 30 (third page) of the link.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
brother
i just want to tranfer data from cp443-5 basic to another cp 443-5 basic of two different plcs in a same network

thats called master master coupling i want to use the i/o of one master plc in another master plc on the network via cp 443-5

i think i write clear

sorry if any one confused

Hello moazzim;
The Put/Get functions should work for you then; see the previous link.
But:
i want to use the i/o of one master plc in another master plc
First you will have to transfer the I/O information to a DB (Source)area, for example, then PUT that Source data into a Destination area in the other CPU.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

can u tell me about systm function or siemens library fn that i have to use to transfere these data blocks from one plc to other just like fc 14 and 15 , sfc 14 and 15 that i used in dp (master)cp slave coupling