1747 slc502 vs 1747-uic connection probs

mordred

I have a 1747-uic I've tried several attempts to connect to an slc 502 with a 1747-c13 cable also attempted a standard ethernet cable
and the 1747-uic switch in both positions RSlinx shows the UIC adaptor on node 0 but will not pick up any further nodes any advise would be helpful as I'm beginning to suspect my UIC adaptor itself

Try a different node for the UIC

EDIT: I hope the Cat5 cable you used was a straight through as i believe if you use a crossover you can blow the uic up!

Also see advice here

Last edited:
When I tested this recently I found that when the SLC-5/02 was connected to a DH485 network I had no trouble getting online. When it was just the 5/02 and the UIC, the DH485 "token passing" wasn't getting started and I couldn't get browsing to work.

The workaround I used was to attach another controller to the SLC-5/02 via an old 1747-AIC isolator and then plug in the 1747-UIC. Kludgy but it worked.

I haven't had time to investigate this functionality and how it relates to the very old SLC's (500, 5/01, 5/02) status as a "link responder only". Let us know if you can get it going and what steps you took.

I finally gave up on trying to get the connection so I modified the system to use an SLC 503. The machine is working now so I can explore how to connect to the 502 at my leasure

Ken hit the nail right on the head.

I had lots of troubles getting "token passing" working, when I saw that it was actively browsing for nodes, I was able to get it to work. Took lots of restarts of RSLinx and lots of unplugging and plugging the UIC back in. Can't remember the exact combonation but it took some time to figure out.
If I remember correctly it was a PITA to get online with the older processors...502s and such.
Damn USB.

Good Luck!

I've been able to use the panelview passthrough to connect to the SLC 502 but not straight to the processor even though the UIC manual states to use a C13 cable