PanelView Plus - DH+ Communications Adapter

danny.michael

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm starting up a new system at a customer site this week. The control panel has a PanelView Plus 1250 with DH+ communications adapter installed. At the end of the day today, I powered the PanelView up and planned to set the DH+ address before the electricians connect it to the network tomorrow morning. I expected the DH+ adapter to show up in the communications tree, but it wasn't there. Just the virtual backplane, Ethernet, and DF1 adapters. All of the LED indicators on the DH+ card are off.

Do I have to do anything special to get the DH+ adapter to show up in the configuration? The manual doesn't mention anything special, and I've spent an hour on the knowledgebase with no luck. I've configured a lot of Ethernet PanelViews, but this is my first on DH+.

Thanks,
Danny

You can setup the DH+ communication properties right at the PVPlus. The PVPlus is really just a PC with RSView ME Station running on it.

You will need to go to the Configuration Mode screen from within RSView ME to make the changes to the DH+ settings (baud rate, station number).

You should get familiar with RSLinx Enterprise. This is the communications driver/software that is used on these interfaces.

All the information that you need is found in the PanelView Plus User Manual. Take a look at Chapter 4 - Configuration Mode.

Hope this helps.

The DH+ communications driver does not show up in the configuration mode. Only the Ethernet and DF1 devices are available under RSLinx Enterprise Communications.

I've been around the block with Enterprise, just never had occasion to set up a DH+ model.

You can create the driver using RSView Studio. After you create it, it will show up under RSLinx Enterprise in ME Station.

Or you can do what was just posted (download a new application). If you do this, you will have to make sure that you set up the driver in the TARGET tab.