Omron NS8 connection to CJ1M Cpu21

bin2work

Hi can anybody help......I am trying without any success to get an Omron NS8 version 5.01 to connect to a CJ1M CPU 21 PLC. I have tried to set the comms to NT LINK 1:N in the PLC but the CX prog software is asking me to set the Baud rate to either 38400 or 115200. I know the system works with a CQM1H CPU 51 using the NT1:1 link but this is not an option on the CJ1M cpu. Please help......

First off check your cable. A standard RS232 cable will not work.

I gather you are trying to connect to the onboards serial port. NT Link 1:N is an option. set it up in PLC settings - Host Link port then download to the PLC. The PLC has to be in program mode. Set NT/PC link to 1 more than you require ie 2. Default is 0.

38400 is selectable for NT Link also. That is the slower speed available I think.