OT- limit switch problem

katratzi

This may seem like a trivial question, but does anyone know of
a limit switch that will make and break its contacts after only a small change in position of its rotary head. I am looking for
a typical rotary head type with lever arm that has a very small
"deadband" before contact actuation. This is a replacement for
an existing switch, the switch itself is not to difficult to get at and replace, but the mounting bracket is almost impossible to
replace. This is why I was hoping to go back with the same physical style of switch. I some manufacturers sites, but not much information on "deadbands" if that is the right term in this instance.

well, the trouble with this is that the switch needs to actuate
when a platform is pushed down by a cylinder. but the platform goes down by a different amount depending on product height. when the tallest product is required, the distance the platform drops is less than 10mm, and the actuator arm cannot be shortened or it
wouldn't contact the platform. (switch mounting bracket too far away). I have found more stuff by looking for "precision" limit switches as Darren suggested, hopefully there is something that can reliably make and break with that small amount of travel.

Katratzi,

You need an intermediate pivoting actuator arm that would amplify the motion enough to reliably activate the switch. This would be a simple short arm with a roller at one end, and an offset pivot. The end of the arm furthest from the pivot would provide for more travel to activate & release the switch.