1756-eweb

FreddyBossard

We have been working on a demo project using Flash Animation. Tring to get the flash action script,to write to a Bool is proving to not be that easy. We can READ data, no problem. We can invoke an asp fuction that does work to set the bit in the processor, but can't seem to get the Flash action script to do the same thing. Anyone got a slick way to WRITE data, BOOL, DINT, REAL to the processor? Not sure the asp function is the best way to do this.

The Flash Animation works great!! We have only 14% of the EWEB memory used so far. Looks like a cool way to provide an intranet client plant process info.

Last edited:
"Adobe Flash" was Macro Media Flash. We use that package to do the graphics in an animation. Inside of Flash you can invoke "Action Scripts" that call or "Post" a funtion.

I have not seen an example of the XML medthod of Writing to a data type. Do you know where to get an example of the XML method? I have found a ASP method. Seem to work but not as I would like it to. Our goal for this demo project is the have the frames of flash Read data from the PLC and put data into Text Boxes, that works fine. To get the anmation to be timed so the when a box passes a Photo Eye in the animation, a bit is toggled in the PLC that is used to increment a counter.

I have an internal bit that is toggled by the PLC code, right now, incrementing the counter which does update the value in the text box over the Photo eye in the Flash animation. Gettting a method to wrtie the bit at a cetain frame number in flash would simulate a real process.

Last edited: