read data from a profibus slave in step7

wabbit1984

Hi.I'm quite new in this field and I allready have a problem.
I'm working with an Simatic S7-300(CPU 313C-2DP)and a 3UF5 SIMOCODE-DP.The simocode must monitor one motor(see overload,temperature...) and(I think) send to PLC a signal that all is ok .I also need that simocode to send to plc the current current(Is)so i can display it on the OP.
SO,MY PROBLEM IS HOW TO READ FROM THE 3UF5? DO I compulsory NEED TO USE A SEND/RECEIVE FUNCTIONS? HOW DO I WRITE IN MY PROGRAM IN STEP7 THE CODE(HOW DO I ADRESS THE DATA FROM THE SLAVE ).
SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!???
I would be so grateful if somebody will answer me! Thanks.

Hello wabbit;

There are 2 parts in your question (even though you might not distinguish them yet):

1) when you configure the Profibus-DP network (say, in the HardwareConfig editor of step 7)you first setup the properties of the DP-Master (in your case the 313C-2DP Profibus interface); you then select different DP slaves that you attach graphically to the bus, select a correct DP address for each, and finally confiogure the different I/O modules (establishing the data exchange elements between master and slave) for each slave. As you do that module selection, you are required to give input and output addresses for each one; these are memory areas of the master. So when data exchanges start on the profibus link, whatever is read by the master on a DP slave is directly sent to the input addresses you selected, and whatever the master writes to the selected output addresses is immediately sent to the DP slave. Very easy and efficient.

2) For each slave you must select I/O modules. For "dumb" slaves the number of I/O modules is fixed. For intelligent slaves (drives, CPUs, Simocode units...) you have to configure the parameters you want to exchange over DP. In the case of Simocode, you will need a software called WinSimocode (part no: 3UF5710-0AA00-0) to setup the data you want to exchange with the master. Once that is done, you can setup tyhe master's configuration to match that of the Simocode.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks.I've allready done the hardware configuration and attached the simocode as a slave to profibus,but i didn't configure the I/O modules of simocode.So,you say that if I configure those I can refer to them like to an normal input or output?(using I12.0 for example?)
And after setting the parameters how do I call in my program the information I need?(by using those memory areas of the master ?)

I'have seen that i can set the parameters of the simocode directly without WinSimocode in step7.Is it ok ?

thanks a lot!

Hello Wabbit;
So,you say that if I configure those I can refer to them like to an normal input or output?(using I12.0 for example?)
Basically, yes. Use your configured data areas to read/write to the Simocode. If your configured inputs from the Simocode start at IW110, and you reserve say 6 words of data, and parameter Is is set as the 3rd word in that area, just read IW116 into your program to read/display Is.

I'have seen that i can set the parameters of the simocode directly without WinSimocode in step7.Is it ok ?
This is new information for me. I always used WinSimocode to setup the internal configuration of the Simocode before adjusting the DP parameters of the Simocode slave. Especially the binary connectors for the protection settings of the motor. I'll look into it (I have not used a Simocode in my latest projects, so it will be good to update).
Thanks,
Daniel Chartier

thanks

I have one more questions:
1)can you tell me how must I do so that i can send the current value of current to the PLC?(I mean how do I say to the simocode that in the IW3 adress I must have the current?)I hope that you understand me...
thanks again

Wabbit,

Your going to need WinSimocode. On the simocode side you must configure:
-Node Address
-Program Simocode (configuration, Application type, FLA etc)

this will be needed to be done for all the devices. Are you sure your project is using the OLD 3UF50's and not the new 3UF70 (Simcode Pro)

Nick