AB_DF1 connection to PV plus 400

shrirampendse

I have PV plus 400 with serial port only, and RSLinx gateways.
I am unable to configure driver for this on com port . Can I view this PV Plus on RSWho?
What for RS LInx enterprise is required?
How do I download .mer file to my PV plus thru RSView studio?

Pls answer?

HI Mr Praveenkumar

As PDF you have attached I found that it is having to connectors on is ETH and serial COMM, but my problem is that I am using PV plus 400 with only serial port. so how I can download the program in PV because in Rslinx enterprise target tab I could not configure PV 400 (i think it is not available in the list)

Downloading via DF1 to a Panelview Plus or VersaView CE industrial computer.
trnsp.gif
Question Downloading via DF1 to a Panelview Plus or VersaView CE industrial computer
trnsp.gif
Answer Cable to use for Panelview Plus/VVCE: 2711NC-13, 2711NC-14, 2706-NC13
RAC6182 ONLY: 1747-CP3
Note: If you are trying to download to Panelview Plus 600 and 400 you would need version 3.1 of RSView Studio for Machine Edition since these panelviews did not exist when 3.0 was first introduced.

If you are trying to download serially to replace an existing application or just download a new application to a empty Panelview Plus or VersaView CE industrial computer follow these steps:

Terminal Setup (Your physical Panelview Plus or VersaviewCE device):

Terminal SettingsàNetwork and CommunicationsàRSLinx Enterprise CommunicationsàSerial-DF1 and click on Edit Driver. If you do not see the DF1 driver choose restore default.

Driver Properties Value

Use AutoConfiguration No
Device PLC_CH0
Error Check BCC
Baud 19200
Stop Bits ONESTOPBIT
Ack/Poll Timeout (msec) 3000
Max Retries 3
Station Number 0
Comm Port 1

Make sure Use AutoConfiguration is set to a value of No ,Station Number is set to 0 and Comm Port is set to 1. Now you should be able to configure DF1 on your terminal.

RSview Studio Settings for Local:

Go to Communication Setup and do a right click on RSLinx Enterprise, and choose add driver.

Q43456884_img1.png

Choose Serial DF1 to PLC-5, SLC-5, or Logix platforms.

Q43456884_img2.png

Accept the default settings on the General Tab, click on Link

Q43456884_img3.png

Make sure the settings on the link tab match the settings on your Panelview Plus or VersaView CE device. Then click on OK to close.

Q43456884_img4.png

Your driver should now be added to your local Communication Setup.

Q43456884_img5.png

If the DF1 driver is not browsing do a right click and choose Start Browsing.

Q43456884_img6.png

You should now see the PanelView Plus or VersaView CE under the DF1 driver (may show up as Computer, Computer) as shown below.

Q43456884_img7.png

Now you can start your transfer utility, choose your *.mer file to download and highlight your PanelView Plus or VersaView CE, then click on download.

Q43456884_img8.png

You should now see a progress bar.

Q43456884_img9.png

PV Plus Connection and Tags.

Thanks Mr. Praveenkumar.

Now I can download to my PV plus thru serial port, the only port my PV has.

Now the problem is read/write to my CLX L55 cpu is not happening. The .apa file you had sent does not restore on my RSView ME so I could not see how tags in CLX or MLX could be linked thru AB_DF1 on
serial link.

Awaiting your reply.

AB_DF1 comm with PV plus

I have two systems, on one I have RSView studio SE and ME version 3 & on another I have only ME stn version 4 .

I have successfully connected PV plus to SoftLogix CLx on this system but I am unable to hook it to L55 controller FW version 12.

PV plus connection finally thru

WEll then your help proved fruitfull, We could finally link our CLX and PV plus. Our problem was taht we were confusing with LOCAL and TARGET settings. And as we have only serial port on PV , juggling on this was tricky.

Well then Thanks once again.

CLXenggr