1756-ENBT Ver 4.3

sportster

Hey,

Just got in a new ENBT module for a project, and I can't get it configured in Linx. It is showing up, but as a generic module. I need to get to the tab to setup the IP,Subnet,..., but that tab is missing. The firmware of the ENBT is 4.3 and is not listed when I look for the EDS on AB's website. 4.1 is listed, but is that the same? I tried downloading 4.1 and installing using the EDS wizard, but as soon as the wizard is done the module disappers in Linx. I'm using Linx Classic 2.50. Do I need to upgrade to 2.51? Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,
Patrick

If you have the chance to upgrade to RSLinx Classic 2.51, you'll find that you can upload the EDS file directly out of the 1756-ENBT module. Kinda neat.

I've used that 4.1 EDS file with a several 1756-ENBT v4 modules and not had a problem. Make sure you have administrative rights when running the RSLinx EDS Hardware Installation wizard.

As a last resort, shut down RSLinx and delete the Harmony.rsh and .hrc files from the RSCOMMON directory, then reboot or restart RSLinx. These files hold all the RSWho information and RSLinx will rebuild it's browses from scratch if you delete those files.

Thanks to all for the quick replies.

I got side tracked here for a while, but finally got back to working on it. The EDS file on the AB website does work. I had to do as Ken suggested and delete the harmony files and then everything worked perfect. Thanks Ken!!!

Thanks,
Patrick