siemens profinet on red lion

hi

i am having communication problem.

1. i am taking 60 no of temp controller, CP controller ect.... in modbus RS485 through red lion..

2. i am using siemens (CPU 315 - 2DP & PN).

3. i am connecting both in profnet.

4. i have specified IP address in E-net of

crimsion software.

5. i have map all the address of controller in seperate data block.

i am unable to communicate. i am unable to read and write data in SP & PV of controller.

i have done everything with crimsion software. is there any setting to be done in S7 software.

link of controller below.

http://www.redlion.net/Products/ProcessControl/ModularController/ModularControllerMaster/CSMSTRLESXGT.html

I replied to your pm and email. If you can send me your Crimson 2 database, I can take a look to see what is going wrong.

One other thing to mention, is if you have modules attached to the master, verify that the termination plug that comes with the master is plugged into the end of the rack. Without the plug, the master cannot communicate to the modules, and in turn will not send any data to the PLC.

Regards,

Dan

Respected sir,

Please find the attachment of
1. S7 300 PLC program.
2. Crimsion Program.

I got ur reply. i am using S7 300 CPU 315-2DP / PN. This CPU is having inbuilt ethernet port. I am not using CP module so there is no connector.

I have tried with cross cable and stright cable of ethernet from ur controller to S7 300 plc ethernet port.

I came to know form S7 300 PLC profinet manual like GSD file for profibus there is GSDML file for Profinet I/O.

i am waiting for ur reply....

Last edited:
I received and replied to your email with a modified version of your test database. I removed the gateway blocks in case they were causing a problem. I also added some new tags that will indicate the status of each device. You will be able to view these tags, along with your other tags via the View Data link on the unit's web server.

Regards,

Dan