Polar 155 Cutter Help

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there anyone who has knowledge of the sequence of operation of a Polar 155 cutter. We are currently trying to convert a unit in which the PLC died, to Contrologix, and also use a servo motor to position the backstop. If anyone has any knowledge, about the sequence it goes through to make a cut, or has knowledge about which solenoids control what, or any info at all, I could really use any help possible. This is a machine that was in very bad shape, and all the company which bought it wants to do, is set the backstop to a position, and make a cut. The backstop control is not a problem, but we have no documentation, to explain what solenoid controls what, or info on how the sequence of the cut works. Can anyone explain the process, the hydraulics, cam switches, solenoids, etc. For example, how does the system bring the blade down for one revolution, and then stop it. Also, info on how the safety aspect should work. My boss got us in deep on this one, and I really need to understand the machine. I would never forgive myself if someone got hurt using it, because I didn't fully understand the operation. I would be deeply thankful for any help provided.

Thanks, Bob