ControlLogix hotstandby redundancy

abaig

Dear All,

I want to know that in controlLogix hot standby redundancy configuration what will be the ethernet addresses of my enet cards.
Will they be same or different.

If they are same will it not conflict on the network

and if they are different then how will the other PLC communicating with this redundant PLC system switch to communicate on different ethernet addresse.

thanks and best regards

Hello abaig;
From the Controllogix redundancy manual:

RedCLogix_ENET.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Make sure you are using appropriate versions of Logix and firmware - for example Version 16 with the recommended firmware pack. You will assign two IP addresses in series. The SRM modules will switch the IP address of the two Ethernet modules depending which rack is primary. The primary rack will take the lower IP address. Each IP address will respond to pings and http.

Earlier versions of Logix/Firmware had issues. I just tested a system using Version 16 and all appears to be working well.

Make sure you are using appropriate versions of Logix and firmware - for example Version 16 with the recommended firmware pack
Just wondering how you tested ver 16 redundancy if it will not be out for at least another 6 months?

The current redundancy is ver 15.

IP swap works without any problems with ver 13 and 15 of redundancy

Right! Contr.

I have confirmed with AB that v16 does not support redundancy right now however this feature will be provided later this year.