Getting Data Log using VBA and DDE

mattbyrne

I am new to PLC networks and I'm wondering if anyone can help. We currently have a Micrologix that is controlling a system and I would like to get the Data Log data from the device and store it in an Access database. The current system has a Access front-end and uses VBA and DDE to transfer data back and forth from the device. How do I download the Data Log using VBA and DDE?

Matt

Matt,
You will get good advice here but also look in the download section at Mrplc.com while you wait.

Similar Topics

All, I have a CompactLogix L33 and would like to get data from a height gauge. The gauge is a Fowler Sylac Mark VI with RS232 output. I can...
Replies
Views
Hello I am hoping someone here can maybe at least tell me what I shlould read up on or if this is even possible. Rockwell Studio 5000 is my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Guys I'm trying to upgrade a device witch comms is thru a RS232. The PLC is a Compactlogix L16ER to a remote PIO 1734-AENT then on this PIO a...
Replies
Views
Hello Eveyone, I need your advice on one problem.I am using CompactLogix PLC.I am looking for some ways.So, that a PLC program can read data from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to use the Data Preserve Tool for Logix5k (CompactLogix controller) but I keep getting comms errors and I'm not sure why. I've...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom