Siemens CP340 RS232C with barcode scanner

coa

Hi All,
I have application to read data from barcode scanner to S7 PLC through CP340 RS232C. I looked at sample program from Siemens but looks like no info. about barcode application. I think CP340 must be able to work with barcode because it has ASCII communication.
If you have done this kind of application, please guide me how to setup for this.

Thanks for all help.

You need to add a FB2 Receive block and if you wish a FB3 Send Block which is not required for a barcode reader.

Fill out all your inputs and outputs of the block and it will eventually work. The chraracters that you receive will be ASCII so you will have to convert them to text. It is cumbersome but is a rock solid Serial unit. PM me if you would like more info.

Giz

Today I've tested CP340 with barcode scanner. I used FB2 (P_RCV) and setup CP340 in hardware configuration to ASCII mode. Everything is working good. I can get barcode data into datablock which has array of char data type.

Thanks for your help "Giz"

I am glad that it worked. The function blocks can be confusing and you have to do a lot of math if you want Integer Values but once it is set up the Card is rock solid. If your barcode scanner allows Serial inputs to trigger scans you can use the FB3 block to trigger the scan from your PLC.

Giz.

Hello

coa said:
Today I've tested CP340 with barcode scanner. I used FB2 (P_RCV) and setup CP340 in hardware configuration to ASCII mode. Everything is working good. I can get barcode data into datablock which has array of char data type.

Thanks for your help "Giz"

I am trying to read barcode datas via CP340 module. But I couldnt achieve yet. I am using FB2 as you did. Could you send me your FB2 in your programme?

Make sure your baud rates match and that you have a cross over RS232 cable. The block will work what problems are you having.

Giz