Comm Ports with AD D0-06

Leon

I am new to AD and do not understand how to configure the 2 ports. I connected port 2 to the display and port 1 to the PC and had no communications. I did not have a problem with the 105 and just 1 port. I converted the 105 program to 06 and it did not work. I do know it is a little tricky with the AB 1500 though. I purchased the 06 unit, front display, analog card and simulator. I tried it in run / term / and stop. I assume I will have a similar problem when I add modules with I/O setup also?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

Bernie, how do I setup the link for comm port 2 for the DL06 is my question now? I do see a link for 06-DDL but I clicked on it and it said disabled and no connection. I did think comm port 1 was fixed but I still could not talk to the PLC.

If you could tell me where I need to start with an 06 one line program setup I think I could handle it then.

It is rough working with a new PLC you you have no idea about yet. I got all the common logic and now working on the analog and I am picking up on that OK so far.

Thanks,

I'm still concentrating on Port 1. If you can't get it to talk then you have more serious problems than trying to configuring Port 2.

Are you saying that you weren't sucessful in setting up a link to Port 1? Are you using the standard cable? It would be exactly the same on you used to set up the 105. But you need to set up a NEW LINK to talk to the DL06. Are you using a standard serial port on your computer or some sort of adapter?

Bernie, I used the same cable that was plugged into the 105 for the 06. No funny adapters just straight from the PC to PLC. And port 2 to my Display. I clicked on help about links but did not get anywhere or how to click on what they said to click on. I must have been lucky with the 105 when I did it. The display worked with the 105 and my AB. I was really happy with how it setup the 105 the first time. You are right I thought I should have been able to see comm port 1 work.

Thanks again, be careful I will wear you out.

Leon

Get out the software manual - go to 'Creating (or Setup) & Managing Communication Links'. Follow the instructions precisely to set up a new link. Don't rely on luck. You must understand this most basic of procedures. Once you have PC communication to the PLC and can actually download your program, then you can troubleshoot it. After that worry about setting up Port 2 for the display.

Bernie, you are the man. I did comm 1, had it working and then did comm 2 and it seems to be working. Stupid me was looking in the users manual for the link setups and not the DirectSoft5 manual. Today I should get the display for the front of the PLC and tomorrow the Anaalog and simulator modules. It just takes patience to learn the ropes and you slowed me down so I could do it.

Thanks ever so much as I appreciate you help.